Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Parasoft SOAtest To IBM rational Quality Management

Options

i want to run a set of test cases in parasoft SOATest and upadtes the status(passes/failed), response, of the test case in IBM rational Quality Management tool. All the Test Suites and test cases will be already created and updated in IBM Rational Quality management tool. I want to know whether it is possible , and if possible how to implement it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

I haven't tried sending results to IBM Rational Quality Manager. Perhaps someone else might be able to comment about what API they have for this. However, in case this helps you, reporting to external systems is generally accomplished by processing the SOAtest XML report which contains all the test execution results. In some cases this might mean writing custom code to parse the report to extract the desired information and pass that to another test reporting API. In other cases, I have also seen XSLT used to transform the SOAtest report XML into a different format that is natively understood by the external system.