Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Test case generation

raj
raj Posts: 11

Hello @Mirek ,

i am facing issue to generate the test case which is integrate with the SHARC Processor ADSP-sc 584 EZ board.
not able to generate the test cases even i had created the custom compiler also, i am getting this error which is attached in this Discussion.
please help me out and give me some solution as soon as possible regarding this. today is my dead-line to test case generation.

it's a great thankful .

Comments

• Mirek
    Mirek Posts: 141 admin

Hi @raj,

There is not enough information in the console, you need to increase console verbosity (Parasoft menu-> preferences-> console : set to high) and clear cache (project properties->Parasoft->C++test->Other settings->clear) and rerun the same operation one more time. Once you have the new console output - please attach it.

• raj
    edited January 2019

Hi @Mirek ,
    Sir i followed the same ,but still i am getting the same error.

• Mirek

Hi @raj,

Ok, I see now what is going on. Please go to custom compiler directory, open gui.properties file and locate the following two entries:

analysis.generation=false
    analysis.execution=false

Change those to:

analysis.generation=true
    analysis.execution=true

Restart C++test and try to generate test cases one more time.
    What happens is that for some compilers not all functionalities are supported and those two settings block the functionality that is not available by default. But in most of the cases, there are no problems with it

• raj
    edited January 2019

Thanks for the Help sir @Mirek

• raj
    edited January 2019

HI @Mirek ,
    i followed your steps what you mention in above comments,
    while generating the test case, i am getting the this type of error which is attached in this.

but when i ran the static analysis then i didn't get any error .that means problems in the unit test case source code.
    if you know this error then please help me.
    Thanks ..

• Mirek

Hi @raj,

So now we are facing a problem with unsupported compiler. C++test does not understand the language extension that is supported by your compiler (__builtin_quad).

What is the exact name and version of your compiler?

• raj
    edited January 2019

Hi @Mirek sir,
    compiler which i am using :
    SHARC Version 8.12.0.0
    compiler_name : cc21k

• raj
    edited January 2019

Hi @Mirek
    any update regarding this.
    is it possible to resolve this issue?
    if you know the solution then please share with me .
    thanks.

• Andrey Madan
    Andrey Madan Posts: 388 ✭✭✭

@raj - can you please create support ticket so we can better track it? Thanks!

• raj
  • Mirek

Hi @raj,

We can try to solve this specific problem, by adding the following line to c.psrc and cpp.psrc files of your custom compiler.

edg.enter_type name=__builtin_quad type=int

And then see if tests were correctly generated.

But since this is not supported combination, I recommend going via the support team as there may some other modifications required.

• raj

Hi @Mirek sir,
    Now i am able to generate the test cases. but when i try to run the test case ,i am getting error which is attached in this.
    if you know this error then please help me.
    Thanks ..

• raj
    edited January 2019

• raj

Hi @Mirek ,
    Regarding the same issue.
    is there any thing i have to add ?