Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Jtest code in eclipse

2»

Answers

• subratdash8
    subratdash8 Posts: 36

Hi all,
    Can anyone answer to my above questions?
    Thanks in advance :smile:

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

The different editions are just different configurations of the Jtest license features. They are used to select which Jtest features are in use when using a Parasoft License Server. They are especially useful when different licenses for the same product are installed on the license server and you want to specify which license you want to use. The desktop edition is typically used when you only need to use Jtest from the IDE. The automation edition is used when you need to use Jtest from CLI/maven/gradle. The custom edition is used when you need to specify a custom set of features that need to be enabled that is different than the features configured by the desktop or automation editions.

• subratdash8

Hi team,
    I have started using 10.4.1 and the new features that have been added is really good and thanks for that.

I face some weird issues while using jtest. Whenever I am generating any new junit method or using any recommendations and after that running that test methods with as jtest it is not reflecting changes.

But if i run that same with eclipse default as junit it is reflecting. And after than when I run same as jtest I can see new recommendations coverage all looks fine.

So is there any issues with my configuration or tools or something I am missing here?

Regards
    Subrat

• jakubiak

Thanks for the feedback on 10.4.1 - I'm glad the features are helpful for you!

Regarding the issue that you are facing, have you confirmed that your new or updated test class is being recompiled before you run tests? If the test class did not get compiled after changes that would explain why the changes were not reflected.

If that is not the issue, I would recommend that you contact Parasoft support with your specific issue. We have not had any other users report this kind of issue, so I suspect there might be something in your environment that is causing the problem but it's hard to tell without having someone look at it with you.

• subratdash8

Hi @jakubiak
    Thanks for clarification. I have tried to check the point that you have mentioned :
    "If the test class did not get compiled after changes that would explain why the changes were not reflected."
    but I could not get any clue on how to verify that. All IDE configuration looks ok to me.
    Is there any changes I should to so that when it will run as Jtest , code will get compiled 1st and then run as junit?

Regards,
    Subrat

• jakubiak

If you are using Eclipse, go to the Project menu and make sure that "Build Automatically" is checked. If you are using IntelliJ, Jtest will recompile the project for you automatically.

• subratdash8

Hi All,
    Hope you are doing well. I have observed something weird while using Jtest in spring.
    Jtest is not giving any kind of recommendation for Template kind of object like RestTemplate or JDBCtemplate. Its is injecting that object in test class with @mockbean but after I run the junit there is no recommendation to mock the method invocation by this object . Is this a known issue and already addressed or something I am missing here?

Thanks
    Subrat

• bmcglau
    bmcglau Posts: 14

Hi @subratdash8 ,
    This is a known limitation of the mocking functionality in Jtest. It happens only for mocked types which are defined in an external library such as Spring. For types which are defined in your source code, recommendations should work as expected.
    For more details or questions, feel free to reach out to Parasoft support.

• subratdash8

Hi @bmcglau
    Thanks for update. So will that be addressed in any of jtest release?

Because there might be more case where developers need to mock this kind of external libraries call.

Regarding parasoft support, can you please tell how to contact? It should be through my company or directly I can reach to them

Regards
    Subrat

• jakubiak

Yes, this issue will be addressed in the next Jtest release.

To contact Parasoft Support, log in to the Parasoft customer portal on the parasoft.com website. If you don't already have an account there you can register and someone on the support team will verify that your company is a customer that is entitled to support. Once verified, you will be able to submit support cases directly through the customer portal.

• subratdash8

Hi team,
    Can anyone update here if there is any new release or milestone available?
    Is the mocking of jdbc templates and rest templates added in new versions?
    Now I am using 10.4.2 where i could see restrictions on numbers of test case creation is onlu for 1 methods at a time where as previous version was allowing for all method. Is this restriction from jtest side? If not I will check with my organization level if anything is there

• jakubiak

Jtest 10.4.3 is now available. Jtest assists you to mock JdbcTemplate and RestTemplate the same way it supports any other object - there is no special handling for those classes.

Previous to 10.4.2, the Bulk Creation license feature allowed a user to create an unlimited number of tests at the same time. Starting in 10.4.2, an additional license feature is required (Unit Test Tier 1, 2, 3, or 4) in order to create tests for more than one method at a time.