Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Compare values in writeable with db output

Options
Charanyasv
Charanyasv Posts: 11

I have saved a writeable with 5 values. I have a DB tool which is used to fetch the result of SQL query . It gives me more than 50 records.

Now I need to validate if that 5 records in writable is available in the 50 records of db result.

Please help how to perform this validation.

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 234 admin
    Options

To clarify, all you wish to do is validate that your 5 values exist somewhere in the SQL query result?

• Charanyasv
    Charanyasv Posts: 11
    Options

yes. 5 values are fetched from one SQL query result. I need to validate if these 5 values exists in another SQL query result. Suggest an ideal appraoch to make it work.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    Options

I'd have one step that runs your DB Tool then saves the entire result set XML in an XML Data Bank. Next, I'd create a scenario after that DB tool which runs a validation tool, configured to iterate over the rows of your Writable Data Source. This could be an XML Assertor configured having an assertion where the expected value is parameterized against your Writable Data Source.