Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

RESET Writable datasource

jngojngo
jngojngo Posts: 46

Is there a way to reset the writable datasource through scripting.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

No. The Writable data source is reset automatically before executing the tst file. The Writable is also reset during the test run depending on the "Reset frequency" option, which controls whether the data source is always reset before writes.

• jngojngo

Here's what i writable datasource configuration looks like. If I change this to standard mode. I couldn't pull out the value from context.getValue("datasourcename" , "column") . I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Here's the image of my writable datasource.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

If I change this to standard mode. I couldn't pull out the value

If you select "Set-Up test mode" then only set-up tests can append to it. If you select "Standard test mode" then only a standard test can append. The option affects what can append, and does not affect what can read from it.

• jngojngo

The writable datasource is inside the project folder. The first .tst file is an initial step to write to the writabledatasource (that works fine). However, on the second .tst file. I tried to call the the writable datasource using script. It's complaining no datasource name found. My goal is to setup a value that can be shared among all .tst file.