Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

CPPTESTCLI - Is there support for IAR project under Windows ?

elch
elch Posts: 95

Hi,

IAR project under Windows , Is there support for cpptestcli command line for IAR ?

Thanks

Best Answers

• elch
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mirek,

Some progress. In properties file I had to remove the commas sign from path.
    Now I have another issue Can not load library log4cplus.dll
    Any suggestions

Thanks

Answers

• Mirek
    Mirek Posts: 141 admin

Hi,

Is there support for cpptestcli command line for IAR?

Can you please add more details? What do you mean by support for IAR projects?
    If you mean analyzing the project using "-input ?
    Also, which version of C++test are you using?

• elch

Hi @Mirek

C++Test CPPTESTCLI 10.4
    Is it possible to run vs. IAR workspace pointing to the IAR compiler on windows ?

Thanks

• Mirek

Hi @elch,

There are a few options here, you need to start with generating the bdf file from you IAR workspace, you can do it, for example, using the following command line:

cpptesttrace --cpptesttraceProjectName= --cpptesttraceResponseFileOption=-f --cpptesttraceOutputFile=\.bdf iarbuild .ewp -build

Once you have your bdf file ready you can use it with cpptestcli to run the analysis:

1. If you are using C/C++test standard (aka dtp engine):
      cpptestcli -compiler -config -input

2. If you are using professional (aka Desktop)

cpptestcli -data "</path/to/workspace>" -config -localsettings "" -bdf "</path/to/name.bdf>"

• elch

Thanks on the quick follow.
    So I need to wrap my build command in IAR with cpptesttrace in order to create bdf file ?

Thanks

• Mirek

Yes, this is the recommended approach. If you are using Professional, and IAR for ARM you can try using importer, please see "Importing Projects with IAR Embedded Workbench Support" in the user manual. But bdf is a recommended approach

• elch

Hi @Mirek

Windows -c++ 10.4.

OK I manged to create bdf file , Now when I try to run cpptestcli I am getting an error about cpptest.compiler.dir.builtin - wrong value missing directory.
    I tried to ad it on the properties files, I gave it the path to \engine\etc\deprecated\compilers

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

• Mirek

Could you please post a command you are trying to execute and the exact error message?

• elch

Hi @Mirek

cpptestcli -config "mypropertiesfile.properties" -input "mybdffile.bdf" -compiler iccarm_5_5

• Mirek

iccarm_5_5 is a very old compiler it was deprecated and removed in 10.4.0.

Is there any option you can upgrade your project to use a newer version of IAR compiler?

You can try using iccarm_6_1 instead, there are good chances it will also work.

• elch

Hi @Mirek

My mistake.
    iccarm_8_20.
    I tried to add path it on the properties files, I gave it the path to \engine\etc\compilers
    Still cpptest.compiler.dir.builtin - invalid value directory.does not exists......