Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Unable to specify cpp sln to run Parasoft test on command line

Options
rerrer
rerrer Posts: 9

Hi all,

I tried to run parasoft test on command line with the following commands but failed to do so, can anyone advice me on this?

cpptestcli -solution "C:\XXX\XXX.sln" -config "C:\XXX\XXX.properties"

it returns >> Option -solution is not supported. Use -data instead

And how do I use -data command? I try to use -data and point to the path directory (ie -data "C:\XXX"), and it is able to run parasoft test however the report did not generate any findings, so I think it did not run correctly.

Pardon for all these simple things I am unsure of because I am still very new to this software.

Comments

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Options

Hi @rerrer ,

C/C++test installer on Windows is provided as standalone version based on Eclipse, or as a plugin into Microsoft Visual Studio. Most likely you are using the former. Eclipse based version does not have -solution option, and the -data option is Eclipse-specific to provide workspace location.

I would advise to download C/C++test Visual Studio plugin installer. This will install as an add-on in your Visual Studio, which allows for much easier integration with the IDE. The VS plugins' command line interface provides -solution option.

• rerrer
    rerrer Posts: 9
    Options

Hi @Bogdan Czwartkowski

Thanks for your help. It is working now!

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Options

@rerrer ,
    You are very welcome! :)