Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

output logs

jngojngo
jngojngo Posts: 46

Can I pass the value of the variable name to the output stream for logging. Please see attached.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Yes, you can reference variables by name to send their value. You can reference variables in the target name and directory fields as you show in your screenshot.

• jngojngo

I tried doing it created a folder ${auditDirectory} and ${auditName} instead. Please see attached.

• benken_parasoft

I tried doing it created a folder ${auditDirectory} and ${auditName} instead.

You will see that behavior if those variables don't exist, or if they are data bank column names that were never written to.

What are those variables? How are they defined? Are they environment variables, test suite variables, data source column names, data bank column names, something else?

• benken_parasoft

I should clarify that functionality was implemented in SOAtest 9.1 which was released in 2011.

• jngojngo

thanks, Benken, I notice when I use the filestream the xml rquest is in one line. while the response is beautify to multiple lines. Can the request logs be logged in beautify mode.

• benken_parasoft
    edited November 2018

The "File Stream Writer" (Traffic Stream -> File) literally streams to disk the bytes that are sent and received over the socket, byte-for-byte. Other tools, like the traffic viewer, display a "beautified" version of the traffic message by default, which can be disabled in the Parasoft preferences under Misc.

If you want to "beautify" the response then you can chain a Write File tool to your test's "Response" output instead. The Write File tool has a "Beautify XML output" box that you can select.

• jngojngo

Thanks, Ben got this working