Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Parallel Test Execution

pvenugopal
pvenugopal Posts: 6

Hi

I want to run the same tests in 2 environments and then compare the results . My output is a csv file . Could someone tell me to generate both the environment results in the same CSV file and then compare the results as well in the same file ?

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

It depends on how your are building your CSV file. If your tst has an Extension tool or otherwise runs a script that creates the CSV file when the tst is executed, then presumably you would get two CSV files and just have to merge them after the fact, or append one to the other (or something). Otherwise, test results are available in the SOAtest XML report and I have seen some users convert the SOAtest XML report to CSV. In other words, if you have two test runs then you would similarly get two different SOAtest XML reports to convert. Either way, it sounds like you likely need to write a script to do what you are asking, something you execute after running the tst both times.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

You could save the CSV file generated in each run. After the 2 runs you will have 2 CSV files. Then you could either write a script to compare them, or you could have a 3rd follow-up SOAtest test run that uses a Diff Tool to compare the two CSV files.