Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Dynamic variable is not getting resolved in "Alter" tab of xpath extraction

krishnasoa
krishnasoa Posts: 13

Hi Team,

We had a situation to exract the value from Json data bank. I wanted to append comma to extracted values. I have used Alter option where dynamic variable provided in the xpath is not getting resolved.

Note: Dynamic variable is a suite level variable.

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Hi @krishnasoa - what version of SOAtest are you using? This is an issue that got fixed in SOAtest 9.10.3.

• krishnasoa

Hi @jakubiak ,
    I'm using 9.10.0.20161130 version of parasoft. Does this version won't support the functionality that I asked for ?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

Correct - you should upgrade to the latest version which is 9.10.5. You can easily do this within the product by going to Help > Check for Updates. Keep in mind that all members of your team should upgrade at the same time to make sure that tests you save with the new version will work for everyone else - in most cases they would but there could be some cases that don't.

• krishnasoa

I tried upgrading as you suggested. It is saying No updates were found in available software sites.

By clicking on available software sites link, I'm getting below window.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I also verified this was fixed in 9.10.3, listed as SOA-8267 in the release notes.
    Please click "Help > About" then click the SOAtest icon to verify version number, especially if SOAtest thinks it is already up to date.

• krishnasoa

Thanks @jakubiak & @benken_parasoft

I have upgraded my parasoft version and able to resolve dynamic variable in 'Alter' tab.