Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Unable to run Jenkins C++ artifact

Options

Hi all,
I am new to Jenkins, I have a simple "hello world" C++ project

I use Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (on Windows8) which is generating the makefile. I can run the .exe file produced by Eclipse but I cannot run the .exe file produced by Jenkins (my Jenkins instance is on a Linux server, hosted by cloudbees). I have the following Windows 8 error message.
"This app can't run on your PC"

If I run the .exe file as administrator I have got another error message:

Windows cannot find 'C:\User\Romain\Downloads\Deepov.exe'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again.

The Jenkins build is simply executing the following shell commands:

#!/bin/bash echo "*********building************" echo $WORKSPACE cd $WORKSPACE/Debug echo $PWD make clean make
Thanks,
Sandeep,
Devops Consultant.

Tagged:

Comments

• Bogdan Czwartkowski
    Bogdan Czwartkowski Posts: 157 admin
    edited August 2018
    Options

@sandeepkumar ,
    Do I understand correctly that your Jenkins build is running on Linux, and then you try to run on Windows the executable produced on Linux?

Also, "C:\User\Romain\Downloads\Deepov.exe" looks like something you downloaded? It is not clear why Windows is looking for it when you run an unrelated program, please double check your command line.