Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

CLI results - Jenkins - Rules documentation

elch
elch Posts: 95

Hi,

Regrading CLI results via Jenkins.
When trying to open doc rules documentation , I get error on the page:
parasoftserver\grs..... can not access.
Only after I successfully logged on with my credentials in a separate browser tab , I can open rule documentation page via Jenkins results page.
Is there a configuration to set credentials via configuration file in order to avoid such
case ?

Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• marzec
    marzec Posts: 10
    edited June 2018

Hi @elch,

My understanding is that you imported some static analysis findings to Jenkins using the Parasoft Findings plugin and you are trying to open rules documentation.

You can configure access to the rule documentation in your settings file specified in "Publish Parasoft analysis results > Settings" option.

To configure access to the online rule documentation you need to set the following properties in the settings file:

• dtp.server
    • dtp.port
    • dtp.user
    • dtp.password

Have you tried to set these properties?

For more details see the Parasoft Findings plugin documentation:
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOAVIRT9105/Parasoft+Findings+for+Jenkins+10.3#ParasoftFindingsforJenkins10.3-Configuration

• elch

Hi,
    Thanks on your response.
    Of course I already set it up, It seems that users need to make a separate log in in a separate browser tab\page in order to display the rule doc , otherwise the user get some http error regrading a rule page.
    Only by the steps Janusz mentioned the rule can be displayed.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

• elch

Addition.
    If I set up local documentation path , Is it possible to set up local documentation path with DTP details.

Thanks

• marzec

Hi @elch

Thanks for the clarification.
    You are right that users need to make a separate log in in order to display the rule doc on DTP. The properties from the settings file are used only to prepare the rule doc urls.

Regarding usage of local documentation. To get it working you need to set the following property:
    report.rules=/rules/doc

The property refers to folder with the rules documentation provided by the engine which produced the report. The content should be the same as the content available online.
    You may need to remove all properties related with DTP in the settings file to avoid calling the online rule doc when the local one is missing.

Hope that it helps you.

• elch

Hi @marzec

Thanks on the follow-up.
    The main issue is that I have to set up my DTP settings for licensing.
    So it is not possible to set it up locally in my enviorment, I guess the local solution is for environment that include also local license mechanism.

Thanks

• marzec

Hi @elch

I'm not sure if understand your issue properly but I guess that you pass the same settings file to both the engine and the Parasoft Findings plugin. And also, your settings file contains DTP properties for licensing.

To clarify, the Parasoft Findings plugin doesn't need any settings to check license. So, even if you are using DTP license you can link to the local documentation.

In order to link the local rules documentation you can:
    1. use your existing settings file (with DTP properties) and add only property for a location to the rules documentation on the disk. It should work properly because the higher priority has local documentation than the online.
    2. use a separate settings file for the Parasoft Findings and specify inside it only a property needed for the rules documentation.

• elch

Hi @marzec

Thanks on your support.
    Can you please clarify for me how to separate the two settings files.
    The DTP license settings and the settings file for documentation ?

Thanks In Advanced.

• marzec

Hi @elch

For linking the rules documentation it is enough to create a new properties file with the following properties:

1. for local documentation

• report.rules
    2. or for online documentation

• dtp.server
      • dtp.port
      • dtp.user
      • dtp.password

Next, refer to that file from Configure> Build Settings > Publish Parasoft analysis results > Settings

• elch

Hi @marzec ,

"Next, refer to that file from Configure> Build Settings > Publish Parasoft analysis results > Settings"

Ok , just one more point , the last line ,Did you mean to do it on Jenkins parasoft pluging ?

thanks