Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Read .tst file using java.

Options
SunilDubey
SunilDubey Posts: 2

Team, I have .tst files, I want to read content of tst files in XML format.

Tagged:

Answers

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options

This functionality is provided by Parasoft SOAtest/Virtualize Server which has an API for manipulating Parasoft assets. A Java-based client is available, which you can use from Maven-based java projects as follows:

In your pom.xml, add the build.parasoft.com Maven repository:

<repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>Parasoft</id>
        <url>http://build.parasoft.com/maven/</url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>

Add the following to the "dependencies" element:

<dependency>
      <groupId>com.parasoft.soavirt</groupId>
      <artifactId>com.parasoft.api.rest.client</artifactId>
      <version>9.10.5</version>  <!-- should match version of your SOAtest server -->
    </dependency>

The class com.parasoft.api.rest.client.ParasoftApiRestClient enables you to connect to the Parasoft SOAtest Server and invoke various operations, including those for manipulating tst files.

As an aside, the file format for Parasoft assets is "open" in the sense that it is XML based. The schema/structure of the XML is proprietary. You must use the API provided by the Parasoft SOAtest/Virtualize Server. Writing your own java code to parse or update the XML directly, outside of Server API calls, is not officially supported.

• RajeshU
    RajeshU Posts: 19
    Options

I have imported the com.parasoft.api.rest.client-9.10.7 jar file onto my build path, is there any documentation on how to use ParasoftApiRestClient class to manipulate tst files.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

The java classes map 1-to-1 with the resources in the REST API. The methods in each class map 1-to-1 with the operations for that resource in the REST API. The same descriptions you see the API docs are the same descriptions you see in the javadocs for each class and method in the java API. The javadocs are published with the main jar (look here).

Tagged