Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Smart API and Correlation

jack_jigar
jack_jigar Posts: 9
edited June 2018 in SOAtest

Hi,

Smart API Test Generator can be correlate data between APIs?

For example "Test1" generate a "CSRF Token" that must be used in "Test2" .

Can Smart API automatically extract data (CSRF Token) and put it in a variable then use that variable in Test2?

BR.

Comments

• OmarR
    OmarR Posts: 233 admin

Good morning jack_jigar,

Yes! The Smart API test generator can correlate data between APIs. However, it is currently dependent on where the data is coming from.

How is the csrf token being returned from Test 1? Does it return as a header or as part of the response payload?

Also, how is Test 2 using the csrf token? Is it using it as part of its request header (likely) or as part of the payload? We would appreciate your feedback on this!

• jack_jigar

thank you for your response.

"csrf token" in "Test1" and "Test2" is part of response/request payload. IT IS NOT USED IN HEADER.

• OmarR

One additional question, are both calls in JSON?
    If so, the Smart API test generator will handle this case seamlessly :)

• jack_jigar
    edited June 2018

No, unfortunately both are Message Client tools. not XML and not JSON

• jack_jigar

Dear OmarR,

I can't find any information about correlation in SMART API User Guide. it is very important for automation testing. also I can't find any information about automatically data source generation for input data.

• OmarR

To clarify, the tool will have no trouble handling your case if the content-type is JSON.

As far as correlation, it would be somewhat of a difficult and complicated task to document. I highly recommend requesting a demo from our field team to see the tool in action!

• jack_jigar

Dear omarR,

how can I use this feature If content type not be JSON?

please assist me.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

What content type are your payloads?

• jack_jigar

in the most time content type is "application/x-www-form-urlencoded".

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

The content type is form urlencoded for response payloads as well?

• jack_jigar
    edited June 2018

please refer to below image. it is real sample.

• jack_jigar

Also, how can I use automatically data source generation benefit in Smart API?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin

Hi Jack, These are good questions. I would like to meet with you directly so we can hammer out the use case and post a neat solution here in the forum. Ill send you a direct message

• jack_jigar

Thank you.