Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Parameterizing

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Hi,

I've tired to parameterize (for instance player_names) using the table form under "add new data source" by adding in different names. However when I tired running the path, apparantly only the first name was created in the website. Will be glad if anyone can clarify me on this. Thanks !

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,

When you run 'Test path' in the path tab, the path is only executed once with the first value from the data source. To have WebKing execute a path with all the available values from the data source, a test suite is needed. Inside a test suite, WebKing will execute the chosen path one time for every available combination of the data source's rows. For details on how to create and configure a test suite, please reference the WebKing manual, topic "Using Test Suites for Advanced Functional Testing". Briefly, the steps to create and configure a test suite to do the above are as following:
    - Project --> Create Tests. This creates and opens up the Tests tab.
    - Right click on the Test suite node --> Add Test --> Standard Test --> Existing Tool --> Test Functionality. This creates a Test node under the Test suite node. Notice the configuration for the test on the right panel.
    - Select the Input radio button on the right panel --> click on Browse --> select Paths to from the Look In drop-down menu --> right click in the empty space and select Expand All to view the complete path --> select the lowest node of the path that you would like WebKing to traverse down.
    - Click on Open.
    - Right click on the Test node and select run to execute the test.