Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Test paths in a Test Suite

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Question, how to.
Greetings

We are trying to use Test Suites to apply a login Test Path once and a Load oriented Test Path many times (we want to stress a pecific function of the system, not the login).

The problem is that we only find tools to add to the Test Suite, ?How do we add the Test Paths?

Daniel Sol, ITWeb

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Hello,

You can add the Test Paths into a Test Suite by adding a "Test Functionality" tool into the Test suite. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Right click on the root node within the Test Suite
    2. Select Add Test, Standard Test, New Tool, Test Functionality ** You may notice that there is also an option for Existing Tool, and it also has a Test Funcationlity. In that case, the Test Functionality tool has the same options as one configured in your Test Path Tree. You may select that tool as well.
    3. Left click on the Test just added. On the right hand panel, change the input to "input" instead of "text".
    4. Click on Browse
    5. In the pull down menu, select the Paths to .
    6. Select the path that you would like to run and click on open button. Notice that input field now has the name of the path as input.
    7. You right click on a test and select "run" to run the test. You can do this for either the test or the entire test suite.

I hope this helps.
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    It seems you can't.
    Well, you CAN use Test Paths in the Setup and Tear down tests, but the main test in the test suite cannot be Test Paths. (Only Tools and scripted tests i suppose).

Our main intent was to login once and then apply the recorded test path many times, i guess we will have to login with a "Test Functionality" in the login path first (to load the proper cookies) and the run a Test Load with the Test Path to repeat. This limits us to only one user, but it is some messure of solution.

Daniel Sol, ITWeb