Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to parameterize an excel worksheet ?

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
Hihi, is there anyone who can help me with this problem which i encountered recently with webking :

i'm trying to parameterize the excel worksheet which i've saved as "loginname" for example and under the "Test" on the left panel, after right clicking on it and choosing add data source, i keyed in the name as loginname and change the bottom text box to Excel file. After which i'm not sure how to carry on. Will be glad if sombody can help me out thanks !

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi,
    How would you like to use the data source? If you are using the data source to populate form inputs, you can add the data source to the project tree instead of the test tree: Open the Project tab, right click on the root node, and select "Add New Data Source...". In the panel that open, enter the name for the data source, select the type (excel spreadsheet in this case), and browse to the location of the .xls file. If you're trying to test forms' functionality, it's recommended that you record paths to contain the forms if you haven't done so. For each input that you'd like to parameterize, set its type as "Parameterized" and select the column from which WebKing should retrieve the values. After configuring the forms, you can add a Test Functionality test to the Tests tree and specify the input of the test to be the path.

You may find the description for each of the above steps in great details in the WebKing documentation, but feel free to post any further questions here. Please let me know if any of the above is unclear.