Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Checking Links in an InfoCenter

Options
LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
edited February 2006 in Ask a question
How to deal with eclipse-based material?
Would like to use WebKing for finding broken links in an eclipse-based InfoCenter. The IC content files are typically stored as a "plugin", which consists of

a) 1 zip file (containing any number of htmls etc. ),
b) an xml file (containing the table of contents).

The InfoCenter gets launched by entering the following URL in a browser:

http://localhost:8888/help/index.jsp

Problem: If I enter just this URL in WebKing, the response says:

"Check Links - 1 file, 3 links, 0 errors"

Which is definitively not true. I?m a WebKing novice user, so I may be making any number of mistakes. What would an expert do?

Comments

• LegacyForum
    Options
    Hi Peter,

The Check Links tool may not be configured to detect the type of errors you intended to test. You can configure the tool by going to Tools --> Customize ... and select Check Links from the menu on the left panel.

For further assistance on this issue, please send your questions to webkingsupport at parasoft dot com.
  • LegacyForum
    Options
    hi again,

If you would like to have WebKing perform Check Links on all the pages, you will need to create a project with the start url http://localhost:8888/help/index.jsp, and perhaps the project should be created with unlimited depth. When you're creating a project with a start URL and a depth, you are telling WebKing to spider through the site and load all the pages that it sees into the project and only up to the specified depth. Please look under the topic "Building a Project" for more information. With all the pages loaded into the project, you can select the root node of the site tree in the Project tab, go the the Tools menu, and select Check Links.