Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

soatest variables

huiraym
huiraym Posts: 22
edited October 17 in SOAtest

Hi,
When generating report, i want to default the filename to [test suite tst name]_[yyyyMMddhhmmss].html. Where can i find all variables available in SOAtest?

i.e.1 ${dtp_project} is "Default Project"
i.e.2 ${time} is 2024-10-17 but i want 20241017175000

Thank you.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    edited October 17

My response from soatest report name:

Offhand, I don't see any way to customize or override the logic for how unique file names are generated in the case where the path is to a folder instead of an HTML file.

Before replying to you earlier, I already tried using variables in that field but they are not resolved. The field doesn't support variables.

For automation, you would be using "soatestcli" and not running tests manually from the UI. Typically you would call "soatestcli" from your own script where you can make your own script dynamically generate whatever file name you want and pass it for the "-report" argument.

• huiraym

Thanks Benken... I totally agree with you on cli passing the report name.
    When generating the report, under Report location: i put c:\temp\${dtp_project}_${time}.html, it did resolved the variables to "Default Project-2024-10-17.html". That's why i thought maybe there are other variables i can use in the report name. Maybe i m wrong...

• huiraym
    edited October 17

${dtp_project}-${time:yyyyMMdd-hhmmss}.html give me even the minutes and seconds....

so far i found

${project_name} - the name of the project created
    ${config_name} - the name the test configuration
    ${general_project} - this seems to be the same as ${dtp_project}

I only need the variable for the name of the tst.... :persevere:

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

i put c:\temp\${dtp_project}_${time}.html, it did resolved the variables to "Default Project-2024-10-17.html"

OK. I had tried this earlier but did not see it work.

I only need the variable for the name of the tst

There is no such variable. You could have ran 1 tst or 100. Generally you would run all your tst files at once and produce a single report.

• huiraym

Thanks Benken. I think mine works because i m running an older version of SOA.
    And i found all the variable i can use here in this page.... but it is missing the tst name.
    https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SOA20221/Configuring+Settings