Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOATest Professional Desktop license and Automation license cannot be given together?

huiraym
huiraym Posts: 12
edited September 27 in SOAtest

Hi,
Can someone confirm that you cannot have desktop license for AD ID on one machine and machine locked license on another machine together? Let me explain...

I have 2 machines.

Machine 1 is being used by myself and team to run soatestcli.exe which the hostname is added to machine locked "Automation license". I verified, soatest is configured with automation license and released automatically when idle. Everything is good and working.

Machine 2 is used by myself and has my AD ID added to the "Desktop license". I login and verified, soatest is configured with desktop license and everything works.

And then i closed soatest in machine 2 and i log back into Machine 1 hoping the automation license will work but got a license request denied :(

Do someone has the same experience and how to resolve it?

Thanks ahead.

Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 807 admin

I would recommend reaching out to Parasoft Support to help you troubleshoot this. They will need to review details about what kind of licenses you have deployed, how your tools are configured to use the license, etc. in order to understand what might be going on here.

• huiraym
    huiraym Posts: 12

Thank you. Same time i already contacted parasoft support.

Tagged