Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Proxy Question

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 170

I have a proxy that is setup to use the direct url and if it fails to use a pva. I have a instance where the direct url returns 200 but no data. How do I get that to failover to use the pva?

Tagged:

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The proxy fail over is based on the http status code so unfortunately the builtin fail over option won't work for the case where the service returns a 200 without a payload.

Does the service only fail for some requests and others return 200 and a payload?

It might be possible to script something using a virtual asset in front of a message proxy to check if the response payload was empty but I think the setup is more complicated that when the service is able to return an error code.

• reactancexl
    reactancexl Posts: 170
    edited September 12

The service either returns 200 when there is data and 200 when there is no data. The other codes 401 0r 404 it will fail. So I am thinking that we could capture the response somehow in a Input Mode of Scripted? Would that work? thx

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

You might be able to use a Forward Message Tool to send the request to the actual service and attach an Extension tool to the response to check for an empty payload. I am not sure of all the steps necessary but unfortunately any solution would need involve scripting.