Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

adding JDBC Driver jar file in system_jars folder

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 170

I have a pva using a "Database Correlation" as a data source. I have added the jar file in the system_jars folder and rebooted/refreshed the service. Still not working. Do we have to add something else, like the "sqljdbc_auth.dll" or update the properties file? this is on linux server. version 2023.2

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What database are you using? You'll need to put what ever jars or files the database vendor indicate are required for JDBC. What error message are you seeing?

• reactancexl

the database is SQL Server. com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host , port 1433 has failed. Error: "connect timed out. I am using the mssql-jdbc-12.6.0.jre11.jar. Locally I added it to the preference JDBC drivers. Question is that do I need to do something else other than just adding this jar to the system_drivers folder?

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭
    edited August 27

Question is that do I need to do something else other than just adding this jar to the system_drivers folder?

Your JDBC connection URL must be correct. For SQL Server, it should follow this pattern:

jdbc:sqlserver://<host>:<port>;DatabaseName=<databaseName>

If you specified the wrong host or port then you can get "connect timed out" or other connection-related errors.

• reactancexl

Just found out the port is closed, no further eval needed.