Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Using cpptestcli to create coverage report

Senji
Senji Posts: 1

Setup
I've copied the cpptest-coverage.cmake to my project and included it into my CMake project.
Inside the cpptest-coverage.cmake I modified the following line:
set(CPPTEST_COVERAGE_WORKSPACE ${CPPTEST_BINARY_DIR}/cpptest-coverage/${CMAKE_PROJECT_NAME})
to have all temporary files in my build folder.

I see in the make build that the CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_LAUNCHER uses cpptestcc and that my unit tests link against libcpptest_static.a

Furthermore I see that my .psrc is taken into account where I defined the workspace to the same build target directory as defined in CPPTEST_COVERAGE_WORKSPACE:

cpptestcc.workspace=/workspaces/project/build/cpptest-coverage/project_app

The result after running my unit tests is the file:

/workspaces/project/build/cpptest-coverage/project_app/project_app.clog

Problem

Now i want to create a coverage report with cpptestcli.

/opt/e3sdk/parasoft-cli/cpptest/cpptestcli -showdetails -publish -localsettings /workspaces/project/scripts/parasoft/cpptest-config/cpptest.settings -data /workspaces/project/build/cpptest-coverage/project_app -import /workspaces/project/build/cpptest-coverage/project_app -report /workspaces/project/build/cpptest-report -config "builtin://Load Application Coverage" -appconsole stdout

The result is:

Parasoft C/C++test Professional 2023.1.1 (10.6.2.20230621B2144) -- Copyright (C) 2023 Parasoft Corporation

[0%] Importing 1 project(s)...
[0%] Creating project project_app...
[0%] Create.
[30%] ...failed, problem occurred: "Invalid project description. /workspaces/project/build/cpptest-coverage/project_app overlaps the workspace location: /workspaces/project/build/cpptest-coverage/project_app"
[100%] ...1 out of 1 projects successfully imported.
[100%] Done

Question
It looks like I'm doing something wrong with the -import and -data parameter.
What is the right combination so that cpptestcli creates a coverage report based on the project_app.clog ?

Tagged:

Comments

• mzwawa
    mzwawa Posts: 21

Hi Senji,
    when working with the CMake extension for code coverage analysis I would suggest using C/C++test Standard instead of C/C++test Professional. The latter is more suitable to work with its unit testing framework and it is a bit more more complex for setup of new projects on CLI.
    Here you will find an example of collecting code coverage from CMake based projects using C/C++test Standard: https://docs.parasoft.com/display/CPPTEST20241/Collecting+Application+Coverage+for+CMake+Projects
    If you need a flexible solution for CMake and VS Code integration, which provides extensive reporting for multiple coverage metrics (including MC/DC), you may look at the new Parasoft solution C/C++test CT. For more details, you will need to contact your sales representative.

Tagged