Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Regressions after adding new functionality

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
I have a regression tests set up in WebKing and, in particular lines on a page, I must use ignores (because they are randomly generated). Now, in a new version of my app I've added a couple of new lines to increase functionality. Now I want to include those lines into WebKing's regression paths so it won't generate regressions over and over again. Of course I could make them being ignored, but that's not an answer: I know those lines won't dissapear in future versions, so I should now treat them as part of my page, shouldn't I? Is there a way to do this without losing ignores previously set? Any way at all... Thanks!

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Great question. To add those lines to the regression control, you must go to the control and manually add those two lines into the control at the proper location. (To see the control, highlight the page in the path where the error occurs; on the right side you should see a tab named Control). In a future release we will add an option to the current Update Regression Control to not remove the ignores when the control is updated.