Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Unable to access Parabank application

Options

Hi,

I'm unable to access parabank demo website, which results in error after sometime.

URL: https://parabank.parasoft.com/

Tagged:

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭
    Options

The host is down at the moment but will be restored.

If you need to use ParaBank for something at least semi-important then you should always deploy ParaBank on your own host. The public deployment resets itself periodically but there are no guarantees over its current state (accounts, account balances, logins, etc.)

There are various options:

• benken_parasoft
    Options

Build the ParaBank war from sources then deploy it into your own Tomcat.

The project's pom.xml is also configured with cargo-maven3-plugin to automatically provision a tomcat instance. For example:

mvn -DskipTests clean package cargo:run

• benken_parasoft
    edited December 2023
    Options

For reference, the "parabank" host is back up. However, you should use your own host or "localhost" for reasons I stated earlier. The ParaBank web application can be deployed in one of the various ways I described. The "parabank" host has not been referenced in any product documentation since SOAtest 9.8 (2017).

• manoj1992
    manoj1992 Posts: 3
    Options

@benken_parasoft Thanks for sharing the details. I'm able to run the application in my local, but looks again the parasoft application is down.

• benken_parasoft
    Options

The "parabank" host has been up for the past week. The ParaBank web application is also restarted periodically and this has been succeeding as well.

Tagged