Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

CTP Information backup

Options
jesantos
jesantos Posts: 12

Hello, I would like to get a better knowledge of the usage of our Virtual Assets. The information provided at CTP Hit Statistics is fine, however, I would like to manage it myself, also, I would like to have historical information available as well, as I understand Hit Statistics data overwrites itself after some # of records are reached in the database.

So overall I am looking for 2 things:

• How to keep a backup of all the data that is being compiled by CTP?
  • What would be the best way to access and play with the information in the embedded Hypersql database?

Thanks!

Comments

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 92 admin
    Options

The best way to backup all of the data in CTP is to log in as an administrator and navigate to the Database Configuration page to make a backup of the database. This is described in the documentation at https://docs.parasoft.com/display/SVC20232/Database+Configuration#DatabaseConfiguration-CreatingaBackup
    The limit for how much hit statistics data to keep is also configurable on the same Database Configuration page.
    Playing with the embedded HyperSQL database directly is not recommended, but you may export the hit statistics data to a comma-separated values (CSV) file from web page.

• jesantos
    jesantos Posts: 12
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thanks for your comment Matt, is there a way to remove at all the record limit on the data stored at CTP DBs? I would like to have historic data of it and manage backups of it aside.

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 92 admin
    Options

The database backup file is primarily used to restore CTP back to a previous state in the event of data loss. Use the Restore button on the Database Configuration page to load the data back in. A secondary use of the database backup would be to migrate from one database vendor to another, for example from the embedded HyperSQL to Oracle. The backup file is not intended be be opened outside of CTP.