Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How can redirect to virtual URL when real URL return HTTP Status greater than or equal to 500

Options
hjha1912
hjha1912 Posts: 1

We had implemented a solution with proxy for one of our application but we are facing some issues, could you please guide us on the following scenario:

We have a proxy configured for primary and secondary services,
Primary URL: Points to the real service (i.e. the application’s API service)
Secondary URL: Points to the virtual asset

Whenever the Primary Connection fails it switches to secondary URL, we had configured it in this way to make the application work even if the real service becomes unavailable i.e. Response Status = 503.
What’s happening here is that proxy is switching to virtual asset URL even if the Response Status is 400 or 404, we’d like to avoid this and have proxy switch to secondary URL only when Return Status is 500 and above

Answers

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Unfortunately, the Message Proxy doesn't expose an option to control what status codes are redirected. It automatically redirects anything that is 400 and above. I would recommend contacting support and letting them know of your interest in a feature to be able to control that status range!