Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

[SOAtest & Virtualization][Kubernetes] Deploying SOAtest and Virtualize in Kubernetes

Options
wchin
wchin Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in Virtualize

Hi everyone,

I am new to Kubernetes. I followed the instruction given by Parasoft Documentation. (https://docs.parasoft.com/display/VIRT20231/Deploying+SOAtest+and+Virtualize+in+Kubernetes) When I tried to create Persistent Volume and Persistent Volume Claim, I got the error (please refer attachment error_1.png)

The second error (error_2.png) occurred when I tried to insert command as below:
$ kubectl exec --stdin --tty soavirt-0 -n parasoft-sv-namespace -- /bin/bash

How can I deploy SOAVIRT successfully in Kubernetes? Please advise. Thank you.

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

The persistent volume and persistent volume claim were examples. They are not expected to work in an actual user environment. What you'll need to do is setup a persistent volume and persistent volume claim. your Kubernetes cluster. The name of the persistent volume claim should be the same as in the documentation so that the deployment will use it but the type of volume, nfs, aws, ec2, etc. will depend on what your environment has.

Hope this helps!

• wchin
    wchin Posts: 2
    Options

Hi William,

Thank you for the response. However, it seems nothing has been created when I try to execute the command "$ kubectl create -f soavirt.yaml" to create pod with the provided soavirt.yaml file. Am I still missing something here?

I followed the exact steps as per instructed from Parasoft Documentation. And it shows the error:

Any advise on this?

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

There is probably an error being reported by the kubectl create command. Do you have the output of the create command? You might need to contact support so someone could more directly assist you.