Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

webking regression testing

LegacyForum
LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
I have path regression tests with data input from an excel spreadsheet with 39 rows of input data.
I see the data being inputed in the form durning load testing. How do I run a regression test with all the data being used?
tab "Paths" Tools>Test Functionality only inputs the first row for the regression test

Comments

• LegacyForum
    LegacyForum Posts: 1,664 ✭✭
    Hello jguaglia2, sorry for the late reply.

In order to create a regression control for each row in your data source, do the following:
    • Select the node that uses the data source
    • Right-click the node and select "Create Regression Controls>All Data Source Rows"
    This will generate a new regression control for each data source row.

Then, in order to test each regression control, do the following
    • In the WebKing menu, select "Project>Create Tests"
    • Right click the "Test Suite: Test Suite" node and select "Add Test>Standard Test>New Tool>Test Functionality"
    • Click the "Test 1: Test Functionality"
    • Make sure the "Check regression controls" check-box is checked
    • In the right-hand pane, scroll to the bottom where it says "Input"
    • Select the "Input" radio button
    • Click the "Browse..." button
    • In the drop-down menu at the top of the window that pops up, choose "Paths to <ProjectName.wkj>," where <ProjectName.wkj> is the name of your project
    • In the paths tree, select the node you want to regression test and click Open
    • Right click the "Test Suite: Test Suite" node and choose "Run"
    This will run a regression control test on your path, and will test the path using every row of the data source.