Announcing Parasoft dotTEST 2023.1
Parasoft dotTEST 2023.1 is now available!
Enhanced Coverage Visualization in Visual Studio Code
The dotTEST extension for Visual Studio Code now supports importing coverage results from popular CI/CD pipelines like GitHub, GitLab, and Azure DevOps. It provides an automatic refresh of coverage markers and convenient visualization within Codespaces for VS Code plugin.
Streamline Coverage Workflows with dottestcov
Introducing dottestcov, a tool for simplified coverage workflows. Generate comprehensive coverage reports by scanning application binaries and collecting runtime data. Upload reports to DTP, track coverage metrics, and merge existing runtime reports. Enjoy easy configuration and enhanced usability for coverage and TIA setup.
Support for BDD Testing
dotTEST now supports running BDD SpecFlow tests seamlessly alongside unit tests. You can now easily gather results from BDD tests and publish them to DTP.
New Static/Flow Analysis Rules
- BD.PB.INTDL - Avoid data loss when converting between integer types
- BD.PB.INTVC - Avoid value change when converting between integer types
- BD.PB.INTWRAP - Avoid wraparounds when performing arithmetic integer operations
Updated Static/Flow Analysis Rules
- CS.PROTC - Support for .NET 6+, the rule is available in CQA mode.
- BD.EXCEPT.NR - Improved performance of the rule.
- BD.PB.UGHC - Improved accuracy of the rule.
- BD.SECURITY.SENSLOG - Improved performance of the rule.
- Test Impact Analysis now supports analyzing solutions that have their sources outside of the solution root folder.
- Support for default parameters of cloned and mapped rules defined in rulemap.xml has been added. The values are visible in the Test Configuration Editor in the IDE.
- Dark mode support has been added to Visual Studio Parasoft Plugin.
- Optimized execution time of rules in Compliance Packs and cloned rules.
- Improved support for C# lambdas in Flow Analysis.
- General improvements to the Flow Analysis engine may cause some differences in the violations reported by Flow Analysis rules compared to the previous version.
Removed Support for Team Server
Team Server has been removed and is no longer supported. Your Team Server artifacts are still stored in DTP Team Server and need to be migrated to a shared location.
Removed Support for Platforms
- Windows Server 2019
Removed Support for Development Platforms
- .NET Core 3.1
Official release notes can be seen here.