Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Dependency on Previous API Tests

bharatbarz
bharatbarz Posts: 44

In Our API Test Suite, Test 1 submits a mainframe job and this will give back Job ID, Job Name and Return Code. I am storing that in JSON databank. Based on the Return Code value of Test 1 (If 0), I need to execute Test 2. Please help me how to set this up.

Answers

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022

See Test-Specific Logic Options where you can define a "Variable Condition". This allows you to configure a test to execute conditionally based on the value of a variable. You would need to first define the variable on the "Test Variables" tab and make sure your JSON Data Bank is configured to write to that variable instead of a custom column name.

• bharatbarz

Hi Benken, I did write the return code to a variable in Test 1 and I am checking the RC = "CC 0000" to execute Test 2. Suppose if RC != "CC 0000", then Test 2 is not executing as expected. But i would like to show that this Test 2 has been skipped. How to do set it up ?

• bharatbarz

Hi Benken, Ignore my post. I got the answer.. Thanks a lot for your guidance.