Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

How to activate community edition license on linux/Ubuntu?

kedargopale
kedargopale Posts: 3

hi,
i am new here and just start to learn
I have install parasoft community edition on Ubuntu 18.04

cat localsettings.properties -
soatest.license.use_network=false

cat license
license.autoconf.timeout=20
license.network.auth.enabled=false
license.network.use.specified.server=false
license.pref.autoconf=false
license_start_deactivated=false
soatest.license.network.edition=custom_edition
soatest.license.use_network=true
soatest.license_enabled=true

when i try to run soAtest i get this error

ERROR: License: Main feature "Virtualize" status: Cannot connect to license server.
ERROR: License: Main feature "SOAtest" status: The password is incorrect.

Please help me to solve this error

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

I recall a community edition license being restricted, where you can't use the product as a server or for automating test execution (soatestcli). Instead, you should be able to start the SOAtest/Virtualize desktop user interface and license things there. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a server/automation license.

To open the SOAtest/Virtualize desktop user interface on a Linux system would need a display environment, like a connected display or VNC support. I run SOAtest on Ubuntu but run an X server in Windows. I've been using VcXrv but Xming is also popular.

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

In order to get Virtualize Community Edition, you had to register. Open the Parasoft Virtualize UI, and go to the menu Parasoft > Preferences. Once the dialog opens, expand License and choose Community Edition. On that page, enter the email address that you used to register, and click Apply. That will automatically install the license that you can use for Community Edition.

You will be able to create HTTP-based virtual assets and start the server to host those assets from within the UI interface.

• kedargopale

@benken_parasoft can you please provide more details on display environment, like a connected display or VNC support as i need to run SOAtest virtualize desktop on ubuntu server

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

You would probably need to talk with your IT/system admin for help setting up your Ubuntu system with a graphical display environment.

• kedargopale

@benken_parasoft Hi, i have installed xrdp software on Ubuntu(20.04) to virtualize desktop user interface and activated license(Community Edition) however when i run this command

/root/parasofttest/parasoft/soatest_virtualize/2022.1/soatestcli -data "/root/parasoft/soavirt_workspace/soavirt_workspace" -resource "/root/parasoft/soavirt_workspace/DEVMicroservices/Compareindividual.tst" -config "user://Example Configuration" -localsettings /root/parasofttest/parasoft/soatest_virtualize/2022.1/localsettings.properties -report "/root/parasofttest/parasoft/soatest_virtualize/2022.1/collecthtml/report.html"

I get this output error
    ERROR: License: Main feature "Virtualize" status: Cannot connect to license server.
    ERROR: License: Main feature "SOAtest" status: The password is incorrect.
    ERROR: Error: No valid license (MachineId: LINUX2-357##### (Default)

content of localsetting.properties
    soatest.license.use_network=false

Please help me to solve

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 795 admin

You are trying to run soatestcli, which is used for executing SOAtest test cases from the command line. That functionality is not supported using Virtualize community edition. You must have purchased a valid SOAtest license to use that functionality.