Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Question regarding Time Stamp comparison with SLA

Options
Chinnu
Chinnu Posts: 18

Scenario : I have this run time data saved using write file in a variable, eg: submission TZ : 2022-06-02T16:31:06.1880147Z
and I have SLA which is also captured during runtime and saving it using write file in a variable.
Now, I have to compare these 2 TZ and say if submission time stamp is > reported SLA then my message is late. Else if its equal then its on time .

Answers

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭
    Options

In case this helps, the XML/JSON Assertor tools have a "DateTime Difference Assertion". So, if you can reference the date-time value in a trivial XML or JSON document then you can use an Assertor to perform this check. You can also reference test variables using ${varName} syntax.

• Chinnu
    Chinnu Posts: 18
    Options

Thank you @benken_parasoft . But now i figured out a way to convert those 2 run-time time stamps from UTC to EST through data gen tool and writing it to 2 columns in a writable data source. But the ask here is :
    If i want to compare these 2 time stamps from that writable data source and if the submission TZ is > than reported SLA TZ, then i want to assert that this message is Late