Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

CRUD Tool to update key columns on the fly

Options
tmoore
tmoore Posts: 3
edited May 2022 in Virtualize

Hi Parasoft team,

I'm trying to make a sort of self-service virtual asset for other teams to dynamically add and remove their own test data.

In theory, they should be able to call something like

server:port/addData?item=123

and the service I am creating would theoretically add that item into the repository with "item" and "123" in the example above being the key column name and key column value, respectively.

When I look into the options for the CRUD tool, however, it does not seem that I am able to edit the key column values on the fly, and if a new row is created in the repository it is given a blank key column value instead.

Once those users create and leverage their test data, they should be able to then call a delete service with the same column name and value as before, and the repository would clean itself up.

Notes:
-Virtualize version 2020.2 (I know I need to update)

-I could have the repository only update the one row in use, thus getting rid of the need for the delete self service, BUT this could lead to an issue where I have multiple users trying to update the repository at once and lead the other users running into bad data. Any ideas on how I can proceed?

Tagged:

Answers

• tmoore
    tmoore Posts: 3
    Options

Ignore this, I figured out how to make it work.

For future reference, add in each of the key columns to the match criteria and it will add those values in automatically.

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    Options

Glad you were able to make it work! Perhaps the documentation for the tool could be improved to make it clear that the match criteria will be used to populate the keys when creating the record.

Tagged