Announcing Parasoft dotTEST 2022.1
The new release of Parasoft dotTEST (2022.1) is now available!
OpenID Connect Support
You can now authenticate on DTP via OpenID Connect to add a layer of security to your interactions with your DTP server. See Configuring OpenID Connect in the UI and Configuring OpenID Connect in the .properties File for details. Depending on your requirements, two methods are available to authenticate on the OpenID Connect server from the command line: device code and certificate. Device code authentication is enabled by default.
dotTEST Container Image at Docker Hub
We've added support for deploying dotTEST in a Docker container image, which allows you to leverage dotTEST's capabilities in a containerized environment to ensure consistency across the team and multiple development cycles. You can download a ready to use dotTEST container image from Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/parasoft/dottest. See also Deploying dotTEST in a Docker Container.
Support for Razor and Blazor Files
We've added support for analyzing Razor and Blazor files in .NET and .NET Core frameworks. To analyze the files you need to use .NET 5.0 SDK or later. For further details, see Known Limitations.
Support for Platforms
We've added support for:
Windows Server 2022
Extended Security Compliance Pack
We've extended the Security Compliance Pack by adding support for the latest version of CWE and updating some configurations. See the New and Updated Test Configurations section below.
New and Updated Test Configurations
We've added the following test configuration:
- CWE 4.6
We've updated the following test configurations:
- OWASP Top 10-2021
- DISA ASD STIG
Updated Static Analysis Rules
We've updated the following rules:
Updated Flow Analysis Rules
We've updated the following rules:
We've improved the violation message in the following rules, and as a result, suppressions associated with these rules on DTP may no longer be available:
Updated Code Metrics
We've updated the following metric:
- We've improved dotTEST's performance when running a test configuration containing Flow Analysis rules.
- We've improved Flow Analysis rules accuracy when source code contains compiler-generated or class initialization code.
- IPv6 is now supported.
- You can now specify a custom name of your dotTEST report. See report.file.name.
- Upgrading to 2022.1 might cause machine ID change on Windows. Verify your machine ID before requesting a new license from Parasoft. See Obtaining the Machine ID.
- TFS SDK libraries are now no longer distributed as part of Parasoft. If you want TFS support to work on your machine, you need to install TFS SDK from vendor.
Removed Support for IDEs
Support for the following deprecated IDEs is now removed:
- Visual Studio 2012
- Visual Studio 2013
Removed Support for Native Test Runners
Support for the following native test runners is now removed:
- MSTest V1 native runner (currently MSTest executes via VSTest)
- NUnit 2 native runner (currently NUnit 2 executes via VSTest)
Removed Support for Development Platforms
Support for the following development platform is now removed:
- .NET Core 2.x
Removed Support for Legacy Code Analysis
We've removed support for running legacy Code Analysis.
Removed dotTEST 9.x compatibility
We've removed support for test configuration settings compatible with dotTEST 9.x.
Official release notes can be seen here: https://docs.parasoft.com/display/DOTTEST20221/Updates+in+2022.1