DTP 2022.1 PRODUCT RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT
Parasoft is pleased to announce the release of DTP 2022.1. This update is available at no cost to customers on an active subscription or maintenance contract.
Support for PostgreSQL
Support for PostgreSQL database has been added for customers who do not want to use Oracle or MySQL.
Modified Coverage Widget
The Modified Coverage widget that was previously a part of the Process Intelligence Pack is now installed automatically as part of DTP. Users who installed the Modified Coverage widget as part of the Process Intelligence Pack in their previous version of DTP will need to manually delete the old widget from their installation. To do so, delete this file: /grs/plugins/widgets/coverage.modifiedCodeCoverage.def.json.
API Security Widgets and Reports
New API security widgets and reports have been added to DTP, enabling you to monitor security issues found by SOAtest ZAP penetration tests and group them by OWASP Top 10 or the Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE™) dictionary.
Enhanced Integration with codeBeamer - Traceability Reporting for Automotive SPICE
DTP integration with codeBeamer ALM has been improved with:
- Support for more than one test tracker.
- Support for defining test trackers per project.
- Support for mapping from test tracker to test run tracker.
License Usage Pack
The License Usage Pack is now available, providing a collection of DTP widgets and reports that present information regarding license usage of Parasoft tools whose licenses are deployed on the License Server. It allows you to monitor how many Parasoft tools are being used in your organization, who is using these tools, and show if there were any license shortages or if license requests were close to your token limit.
Direct upgrades from 5.4.1 or older is not supported. See Upgrading from a Previous Version of DTP for an upgrade path for your version.
New License Requirements for Upgrades
Users upgrading DTP and/or License Server may need to acquire new licenses:
- DTP users upgrading to 2022.1 must acquire a new license for DTP and will need to acquire new network licenses for pre-existing tools if their machine ID has changed.
- License Server users upgrading to 2022.1 will need to acquire new network licenses for pre-existing tools if their machine ID has changed.
- Support for OWASP Top 10 2021 has been added.
- Support for CWE 4.6 has been added.
- Support for authenticating using JWT Access Token for OAuth 2.0 (specifically in conjunction with PIV/CAC cards) has been added.
- Support for multiple traffic per test in Test Explorer has been added.
- Support for IPv6 has been added.
- Windows users can now install a Windows Service for License Server using the installLSService script provided with their install.
- Linux users can now configure custom systemd services to start and stop DTP.
- The '/v1/dynamicAnalysisTestCases/trend' endpoint has been removed.
- The User Administration UI has been updated and improved.
- Database Settings UI has been updated and improved.
- Support for Oracle databases on Amazon RDS has been added.
- Ability to add a descriptive tag to a build in Build Administration has been added.
- The Builds dropdown on the dashboard has been optimized.
- Docker and Kubernetes users can now start new containers without requiring new licenses.
- Starting with DTP 2022.1, the maxHttpHeaderSize attribute for the Tomcat connector is set to 16384 (16 KB).
- Crontab configuration during Linux installation has been deprecated and is now skipped during installation by default. It can be enabled during installation if needed.
- Support for Oracle 11g has ended.
- Support for Internet Explorer 11 has ended.
- Support for MySQL 5.6 has been deprecated and will be removed in future versions of DTP.
- Team Server has been deprecated and will be removed in future versions of DTP.
- Uploading, downloading, and viewing XML and HTML reports in Team Server is no longer supported.
- DTP license features that limit analysis to the number of files specified in your licensing agreement have been deprecated.
- Password recovery from the login screen has been removed.