Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Original function not called despite not registering for stub callback in test case

Options
nokoru
nokoru Posts: 19

I had created a stub to test function B. The original function of the stub was used to test function A in the past. Now with this newly created stub, the test case made for function A has broken due to the original function no longer being called, despite not registering for the stub callback.
Can someone explain why it is no longer calling the original function despite not registering for stub callback?

Tagged:

Comments

• nokoru
    nokoru Posts: 19
    edited October 2021
    Options

Found an "insert call to original function" setting in both the test configuration and the stub panel which does exactly what I want, which is to call the original function when a stub callback is not registered for a test case. However, it does require re-generation of the stub, which can involve an extremely tedious amount of clicking and copy-pasting when you have many stubs like me. I have not found an easy way to re-generate the stubs.