Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Update bdf file for imported project via command line

Options
Novodes
Novodes Posts: 13
edited August 2021 in C/C++test

Hi,
I have parasoft professional version.
I have imported a project using a bdf file.
However, I have changed the project and would like to update the bdf file for the imported project.
I can update the bdf file easily. But how do I update the already imported project?
If I type:
cpptestcli -bdf "cpptestscan.bdf" -data "C:\Users\Eyal\Documents\parasoft"
Then it tells me that the operation fails:

[0%] Importing 1 build data file project(s)...
[0%] Importing PNG_MCU_STM32WB55RGVX...
[0%] ...failed - project name already reserved: PNG_MCU_STM32WB55RGVX
[100%] ...finished, 0 of 1 project(s) successfully imported.
[100%] Done

Please note that I would like to be able to update the project via the command line and not from the IDE.

Tagged:

Comments

• Novodes
    Options

I gave up and just installed the Standard edition and this way I can use the bdf file repeatedly without an issue.

I used the following command to run the analysis:

cpptestcli -input "cpptestscan.bdf" -report "C:\Users\Eyal\Documents\PNG_ManifestRepo\PNG_MCU_STM32WB55RGVX\reports" -config "C:\Users\Eyal\Documents\parasoft\My_Find Duplicated Code.properties" -compiler armclang_6_6

So the issue is resolved for me.

• mzwawa
    mzwawa Posts: 20
    Options

Hi Novodes,
    in C/C++test Professional you can use the option -bdf for project import to the workspace only once. For any change in the project structure, you have captured in a new BDF file (e.g. adding a new source file), remove the workspace directory and perform a fresh import of the project to a new workspace. This shouldn't be a problem when running the analysis on the command line.
    For the example above you just run the same cpptestcli command, but please remove the "C:\Users\Eyal\Documents\parasoft" directory before.

For the C/C++test Standard command above, please also add the extra flag '-module' and point to the project root directory. It should provide more complete results for static code analysis.

• Novodes
    Options

Hi @mzwawa ,
    1. I didn't think about doing that. I mean, I erased the project folder within "C:\Users\Eyal\Documents\parasoft" and that didn't work because somehow it still identified that the project was already imported. Maybe your suggestion will resolve that. I will try it out and let you know.
    2. I will check that out as well and let you know.