Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Tomcat server configuration is missing

Options
BastiaantB
BastiaantB Posts: 8
edited December 2020 in SOAtest

Hi,

I recently installed Parasoft Soatest & Virtualize on MacOS Big Sur with local license and am following the online training.
I added a new Parabank and wanted to start the server but the got the message:
"The Tomcat server configuration at /Servers/ParaBank Tomcat 8.5 Server-config is missing. Check the server for errors."

1. Where can I check the server for errors?
  2. How can I fix the issue that the Server-config is missing?

Bastiaan

Comments

• BastiaantB
    edited December 2020
    Options

I installed Tomcat and added a new server which is running now. However the parabank cannot be found at http://localhost:8080/parabank.index.htm

HTTP Status 404 – Not Found
    Type Status Report

Message /parabank.index.htm

Description The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.

Apache Tomcat/8.5.46

Any suggestions how to fix this?

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 798 admin
    Options
  • BastiaantB
    Options

Thanks @jakubiak for noticing the typo. the message still holds for the correct URL.

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    Options

"The Tomcat server configuration at /Servers/ParaBank Tomcat 8.5 Server-config is missing. Check the server for errors."

Are you creating the "ParaBank Example Project"? It would probably be easiest to try deleting everything and create things again from scratch. By "everything" I mean the "ParaBank" server from the Server's view, the "ParaBank" server runtime from "Windows > Preferences > Server > Runtime Environments", the "Servers" and "ParaBank" projects in your workspace, and the "apache-tomcat" folder that was created in your workspace directory. When you create the ParaBank Example Project once again then all those things will be re-created, including the "Servers" project with any bad or missing files recreated.

• BastiaantB
    Options

You asked "Are you creating the "ParaBank Example Project"?"
    Yes I am. I executed all of your steps and re-created the Parabank Example Project once again. The server "Parabank Tomcat 8.5 Server" is running (Started, Synchronized) but then I still get the "404-not found message"
    I added localhost* to the proxy exceptions but that did not work as well.

I guess the bad or missing files are indeed recreated :) How can I find out which one(s) is (are) bad or missing?

• BastiaantB
    edited December 2020
    Options

I killed the process Eclipse on port 8080 and when I started Parasoft and the server again, the connection works. So the issue is fixed in my case :)