Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Stored Procedure not executing in soatest - giving error message

Options
kpatel49
kpatel49 Posts: 6
Hello,
I’m having a problem with the DB Tool, where a stored procedure is not working as expected. The same exact stored procedure is working on Toad for Oracle, and I’m able to get the query result I expect. Using the DB Tool in SOAtest, I get the following error:
“Error Message:
ORA-00922: missing or invalid option
Additional Details:
An invalid option was specified in defining a column or storage clause. The valid option in
specifying a column is NOT NULL to specify that the column cannot contain any NULL values. Only
constraints may follow the datatype. Specifying a maximum length on a DATE or LONG datatype also
causes this error.
Action:
Correct the syntax. Remove the erroneous option or length specification from the column or storage
specification.”
There are no differences in the syntax used in Toad and in SOAtest.
What am I missing?
Best,
Kartik
Tagged:

Comments

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 801 admin
    Options

Unfortunately that error can happen for many different reasons, so it's hard to say why it's not working from SOAtest. Can you shared the syntax of your stored procedure?

• kpatel49
    kpatel49 Posts: 6
    Options

SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE UNLIMITED;
    VARIABLE c_l REFCURSOR;

DECLARE
    P_L NUMBER;
    P_T VARCHAR (2000);
    EC NUMBER;
    ED VARCHAR2 (32767);
    BEGIN
    P_L := 'Enter value here';
    P_T := 'Enter Value here';
    EC := NULL;
    ED := NULL;
    MD_WS.L.Get_L (P_L,
    P_T,
    :c_l,
    EC,
    ED);
    DS_OUTPUT.Put_Line ('EC = ' || TO_CHAR (EC));
    DS_OUTPUT.Put_Line ('ED = ' || ED);
    END;

PRINT c_l

• jakubiak
    jakubiak Posts: 801 admin
    Options

"set serveroutput on" is not supported in the JDBC driver, which is what SOAtest uses to connect to the database. Please see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30574516/calling-a-stored-procedure-using-oracle-sql-developer for an explanation.

Tagged