Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Reinstall DTP change MachineID

reactancexl
reactancexl Posts: 160

I accidently deleted the "Admin" account from the administration portion of DTP. If I reinstall DTP will the MachineID change? ALso is there a workaround where I can add the user back in. ? This is the error I am getting.
15-May-2020 12:38:08.633 SEVERE [main] org.hsqldb.persist.Logger.logSevereEvent DataFileCache.open
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Parasoft\DTP\pstsec\db\pstsec.data (Access is denied)

Comments

• reactancexl
    reactancexl Posts: 160

Reinstalling Uninstalling and Reinstalling does not change the Machine ID.

• AlexeyB
    AlexeyB Posts: 2

I've upgraded DTP server from 5.3.4 -> 2020.2 by 2 iterations:
    1) 5.3.4 - > 5.4.3 - MachineID isn't changed
    2) 5.4.3 -> 2020.2 - MachineID is changed

Additionally I've checked local MachineID for 2020.1 (thru client distibutive) - MachineID didn't change.

So, only upgrade to 2020.2 will change MachineID.

• JeehongMin
    JeehongMin Posts: 35 ✭✭

Please see release notes for 2020.2 release which mentions changes to machineID.

https://docs.parasoft.com/display/DTP20202/DTP+2020.2

Upgrade Notes
    Upgrading to 2020.2 on Windows changes the machine ID for the host running DTP. As a result, licenses stored and served from the License Server module become invalid. If DTP contains invalid licenses after upgrading, contact your Parasoft representative to obtain new licenses.