Need to send Multiple responses for a single request at certain interval of time

devdev Posts: 8

The request would be triggered only once and not again and again. When a request is triggered it would send 3 responses at certain interval of time,I am unable to configure the same. Please help.

Comments

• williammccuskerwilliammccusker Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi,
    What transport protocol is being used? HTTP? JMS? This sort of interaction can be modeled by chaining messaging clients to the responder to send the different responses.

• devdev Posts: 8

Http transport protocol is used. Please let me know how to implement it.

Hi,
    So it sends back multiple messages over the same connection?

Yes. I need to design a responder which will send multiple messages over the same connection for a single request at certain time interval

Hi,
    I know you could send all of them at once as one combined response but I am not sure how to send them as individual messages over the HTTP transport at varying intervals.

Yes. At once can be done using responder generator. But here I need to send multiple response individually for a single request.

• Thomas MooreThomas Moore Posts: 77 admin

Hi dev,

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here. HTTP(S) protocols necessitate a 1:1 ratio of requests:responses, unless you have an asynchronous setup that I will detail below. Are you saying that in your application when you send out a request you get multiple responses from the client before a connection is closed?

When we see these kinds of workflows for asynchronous HTTP messaging, there is a secondary endpoint for the responses to come to. Is there anything like that in your system?