Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

parasoft virtualize server - start/stop

I'm new to parasoft virtualize but I follow the mechanical steps to create the virual asset. After closing the parasoft IDE and opening again, double clicking the URL of the virutal asset does not open the full window of the GET request in the Editor view. The i noticed server was not started. I started virualize server.

Question is, starting the server in the parasoft virtalize IDE, is it starting the server itself. If yes, how does the virtualze server went down. I believe the server is used by many projects and from clients If i can stop and start server, will it not affect the other teams.

Am i doing anything wrong here ?

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    In the IDE in the "Virtualize Server" view you are able to start and stop your own local server. The purpose of that server is for local development but for external projects and clients a remote Virtualize Server should be used since the "Local machine" will start and stop when the IDE is closed and open.