Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

VirtualService with Excel Data Source

Hi Team, We are using Parasoft 9.10.8.20191027 version in our project. I have created a Virtual Service with Excel Data Source and when tested its throwing error as below when tested. We have used same data and created a Virtual Service with "In Project Spread Sheet" and when tested its working perfectly. Please help us resolve the issue as i tried all possible ways to solve but not able to figure whats causing the issue.

Error:
Failed to respond to incoming message using data source row correlation

Values in incoming message did not match values in the data source "New Datasource"

Comments

• williammccusker
    williammccusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    It looks like it is having trouble finding a matching row in the excel spreadsheet. Are the data source correlations configured the same in both cases? Have you checked that the column names match in the excel case?

• Hi William, Thanks for the response. The data source correlation is same in both the cases and columns are also same in both cases. Is there any way to debug the issue?
    Do we have any provision to check the Server logs for Virtual Services. We have provision to see the Virtual Services that are deployed in Server via Tool but when i opened the Virtual Service here, could see very less info displayed. Is there a way to check the whole Virtual Service options after deploying to Server.

• williammccusker

From the error message it states it did not match. To get additional information start monitoring the virtual asset by right clicking on it in the server view and then switching to the "Event Details" perspective. Send the message to the virtual asset and if there any additional errors or information it will be displayed.

• I have seen the Event details and i don't see any specific errors other than what i mentioned above. I have copied the data that Virtual Service received and verified with the Excel Sheet data, both are same.

• williammccusker

Hi,
    Could you share an example that reproduces the issue?