Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Export Events from Message Proxy

Is there a way to generate a report that shows the status of requests sent to the message proxy? Specifically, I would like to be able to capture statistics that show which requests were served by a Virtual Asset and which requests were passed to the secondary connection. I know this information is available in the Event Log. Is there any way to extract that data?

Comments

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 91 admin

Virtualize does not have much in the way of event log filtering and report generation, but the companion product Continuous Testing Platform can help. It subscribes to the event log in Virtualize and stores the events in a database for easy filtering and extraction to CSV file. Here is a sample screen shot.

• Thanks, Matt. This was very helpful. I've noticed that when viewing Events in the CTP with the filter set to ALL / ERROR the Responder column is not being populated. Is that a known issue?

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 91 admin

Most errors such as unmatched request "No virtual asset or proxy found at this path" do not correlate to any responder, so the responder column will be blank.