Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

SOAtest : DB Tool passing extracted values using XML Data bank to other queries in specific format

Options
ssawale
ssawale Posts: 3
edited September 2019 in SOAtest

I am using DB tool with Results as XML -> XML Data Bank, it returns many rows as a result and I want all values of say nth field as input to succeeding queries in test scenario workflow. Is there any simplistic way to do this?

For example first query select * returns few rows with fields say f1,f2....fn, I want all values for field say f3 to do some processing and then delete these values from another table so to delete call I need to pass values as delete from < table> where field IN { all f3 values in the format 'v1', 'v2' , ..........'vn' } Here v1 is first value for field f3 and so on.

This looks pretty trivial while dealing with SQL queries in SOAtest as passing output of one to other but I didn't find it in documents or forum post with some example that works.

Thank you!