Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Fetching data from Text Databank variable from a different test

This is my use case:

Test 1: Extension Tool
Add output --> Text Data Bank
(Extract 2 data variables StartDate and EndDate)
Test 2: Do SOAP calls
Add output --> XML DataBank
Test 3: Extension Tool Parameterize Call
Add output --> Text Data Bank
Test 4: QueryDBUsingvalues
Add output --> Text Databank

My problem:

The two dates that I'm storing in Databank (start and end dates,) I'm unable to use them from Test 3 because I dont get any value returned: Here is my code for Test 3:

from com.parasoft.api import *
from java.util import *
from soaptest.api import *
from java.time import LocalDate
from java.time import LocalDateTime
from java.sql import Timestamp

def fetchOrders(input, context) :
#theDateFilter=context.getValue("BetweenTimeStamp") ## from a previous extension tool

#Application.showMessage("The theDateFilter is: " + context.getValue("Generated Data Source", "BetweenTimeStamp") )    
Application.showMessage("The theDateFilter is: " + str(context.getValue("Generated Data Source", "Test 1: startDateTime") ) )
return 

The output in the console is --

---------- Test 3: Extension Tool ParameterizeSOACall ----------
The theDateFilter is: None
The theTrkSqlQuery is: 0

The allRowsCount is: 5848
The counter is: 5847

Test 3: Extension Tool ParameterizeSOACall - success
get trkSqlQuery=0
set allRowsOfData=select ATTRIBUTE1 from LOG_header lh where LOG_PROCESS_ID in ('681') and CURRENT_STATUS in ('STARTING', 'COMPLETED') and ATTRIBUTE1 not in ('

Test succeeded

Attribute values are set as show above but I cannot access them in Test 3.
What am I doing wrong?

I reviewed several forum posts on using variables, databanks etc., none of them led me to any resolution.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

  • benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

    Did you check "Use data source" box?

  • StaticAnalysis
    StaticAnalysis Posts: 17

    @benken_parasoft , thank you for your prompt reply.

    Initially No, as I thought I was getting the referenced data from the script viz the "Generated Data Source" --> context.getValue("Generated Data Source", "Test 1: startDateTime") .

    Just to verify if it makes any difference, I checked it once, but it did not make any difference in my case. the Console still shows None for output after I checked the "Use Data source" check box.

    ---------- Test 3: Extension Tool ParameterizeSOACall ----------
    The theDateFilter is: None
    The theTrkSqlQuery is: 0

    The allRowsCount is: 5848
    The counter is: 5847

  • benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

    I don't see anything obviously wrong. However, I'd recommend you verify that Test 1 ran at least once and also verify that the XML document actually contained "z1" and "z2" elements containing text. If "z1" or "z2" were missing or did not contain a text node then the XPaths you used the Data Bank would not match anything. If the XML message from Test 1 is coming from a REST/Messaging Client tool then you could check the tool's traffic viewer to verify what XML document was returned.

    You may also consider contacting Parasoft Support for a timely resolution.

  • StaticAnalysis
    StaticAnalysis Posts: 17

    @benken_parasoft , Thank you.
    I confirm TEST 1 has run once and I see them coming in to XML databank (the "Evaluate Xpath" step is showing the stored values).

    I'll create a case with Parasoft Support. Thank you.