Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Adding boolean as payload field type - Enhancement

goofy78270
goofy78270 Posts: 133

Currently, there are only three options for a payload input field type. This prevent the easy UI option of selecting a true/false value for a field.

This can be done, by editing the literal values to remove the quotes around true or false, or setting these manually.

It would be nice if another field option could be added to the dropdown list for booleans rather than having to edit the literal code.

NOTE: issues with editing literal code is that field values such as concrete schemas, option list, and such are cleared and only the currently set values from the "Form XML/JSON" views are set in the Literal view.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

I'm doing my best to infer what I think you are asking. Are you asking about sending a JSON message that is only a boolean? In the current release (9.10.7) you would have to use the Literal view. However, for the next release (9.10.8), I'm able to use the Form JSON view as well:

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

only the currently set values from the "Form XML/JSON" views are set in the Literal view.

This is by design. Literal view has the message that came from the view you switched from. The Literal view is just a text area so you don't have other controls based on schema like you have in Form JSON view.