Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

change TST file format from compressed XML to XML

Options
say
say Posts: 1
edited July 2019 in SOAtest

Hi Team,
Very Good Morning :)
I am using SaoTest tool for more than 2 year. It make easy API testing and performance testing.
But there are some loop wholes ,that might need up-gradation to these tool. or it might happen there is solution to below issues but I am not aware.
I am facing below issues in soatest.
1. Once you change TST and PVA file format from compress xml to xml , close soatest and reopen soatest, then the file format change back to compress xml by default.To push these files in bitbucket and compare with old version we want to set default XML format. how to do it?
2. we are using soatest license, if soatest is idle more than 5 min then the soatest will stop, like it will ask for refresh then only we can proceed. In our project we are using VS for automation of desktop app but that app use virtual services. so when we debug the code or run automation without going back to soatest , then the test case will get fail cause of SOATEST becomes idle which in turn make us to refresh soatest license.

Please reply ASAP , as everyone in team is looking for solution on above issues.
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• benken_parasoft
    benken_parasoft Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Options

Please reply ASAP , as everyone in team is looking for solution on above issues.

I'd generally recommend contacting Parasoft Support if this is urgent.

Once you change TST and PVA file format from compress xml to xml , close soatest and reopen soatest, then the file format change back to compress xml by default

I'm not aware of any issue with preference options reverting back to default after restarting the application. Please note that after you change the file format, the new setting only applies to tst/pva files that you later create or modify. For example, if you have an existing tst file that was already saved as compressed XML and you just changed the default in preferences to plain XML, then you will need to make some trivial change to your tst file so that SOAtest will re-write it to disk as plain XML.

As a "trick" I have also done this outside of SOAtest with "gunzip" command. First, I'll rename my "test.tst" file to "test.tst.gz" and then run "gunzip test.tst.gz".

if soatest is idle more than 5 min then the soatest will stop

Did you check the Parasoft > License preferences? There is a checkbox in there to "release automatically when idle". Make sure that isn't checked.