Submit and vote on feature ideas.

Welcome to the new Parasoft forums! We hope you will enjoy the site and try out some of the new features, like sharing an idea you may have for one of our products or following a category.

Explanation/index of log files

Options
EdwardManlove
EdwardManlove Posts: 6

Could someone point me to the documentation that outlines which log files contain what information on a system running SOAtest and Virtualize with CTP? I am debugging some issues and at this time just randomly or best guessing which logs files I should be looking at. Hoping to find something that says "catalina log files contain ... while localohost* shows ...."

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Matt Love
    Matt Love Posts: 92 admin
    Options

Typically the tomcat/logs/catalina.${date}.log file will contain application logging info and the tomcat/logs/localhost.${date}.log file will contain error logging if a web application failed to start up. More documentation on how to configure Tomcat logging is available at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/logging.html

If there is a specific SOAtest, Virtualize, or CTP issue that you are trying to debug I recommend that you contact support@parasoft.com.